From 1 January 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation, you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
All students studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, will be required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI is an account which will allow students online access to their training records and results (transcript) through their online USI account. It is therefore a requirement that all students must have a USI for the Taxi Operator and Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Driver courses.
When applying for a job or enrolling in further study, you will often need to provide your training records and results. One of the main benefits of the USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your life.
You can access your USI account online from a computer, tablet or smart phone anywhere and anytime. Alternatively, the NSW Taxi Council can assist you through the process. Remember to bring with you the correct forms of identification (see break out box). This is in addition to the ID required to enrol in the courses (Drivers Licence and Driver Authority for WATS, Drivers Licence and either Driver Authority or Passport for Taxi Operator course).
Once you create your USI you will need to give your USI to each training organisation you study with so your training outcomes can be linked and you will be able to:
- view and update your details in your USI account;
- give your training organisation permission to view and/or update your USI account;
- give your training organisation view access to your transcript;
- control access to your transcript; and
- view online and download your training records and results in the form of a transcript which will help you with job applications and enrolment in further training.
For more information or to create your USI visit www.usi.gov.au.
Have at least one and preferably two forms of ID ready from the list below:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian)
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
- Immi Card
IMPORTANT: To make sure we keep all of your training records together, the USI will be linked to your name as it appears on the form of ID you used to create the USI. The personal details entered when you create a USI must match exactly with those on your form of ID.