What’s happening in the Sydney CBD for #SYDNYE2016
Please note the interactive map on the Tomorrow’s Sydney website with a full map of road closures in the Sydney CBD area for NYE 2016.
The Transport Management Centre has also released its Special Event Traffic and Transport Information for New Year’s Eve 2016.
Demand for Taxis will be very high on New Year’s Eve, so please be patient while in queues at taxi ranks and when pre-booking.
- A secure rank will be operating on the corner of Elizabeth St and Nithsdale Lane, Sydney, between 9pm-5am.
- A designated Wheelchair Accessible Taxi pick up and drop off point will be established at Shakespeare Place, Sydney. For wheelchair accessible taxis please call 8332 0200 to discuss your requirements prior to New Year’s Eve.
- Demand for taxis will be very high on New Year’s Eve, so please be patient while in queues at taxi ranks.
- Taxi pick-up and drop-off may be restricted in some areas due to road closures.
- For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit the relevant NSW Taxi Council page.
- For planning tools and information for people with access requirements, including details of accessible vantage points, visit the Sydney New Year's Eve Accessibility Page.
- Accessible transport options can be found on the Trip planner by checking 'Mobility options'. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel in NSW or view our Accessibility apps.
For more information, view the Sydney New Year’s Eve 2016 Public Transport page.
|Sydney CBD is the place to be for New Year's Eve (photo courtesy of NSW Government)|