JUNE 2014  All drivers should be aware that if you engage paid or unpaid workers in transport services for children, you may require a Working WIth Children Clearance Number.

If you provide taxi services for children on a government funded or commercial basis, including school bus services and taxi services for children with a disability and supervision of school road crossings, then you will be requiring clearance.

For further information, www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au or phone 9286 7219 - it is an online application process but approval could take up to 4 weeks.